We’re looking for interns for Fall 2022! This is a unique opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the 10 dimensions of well-being and about our services that help students develop resilience.
Internships require at least 5 hours per week and run the length of the semester. Through a combination of training and fieldwork, interns will develop skill sets in outreach, advocacy, professionalism, leadership directly related to mental health, stigma reduction and suicide prevention. Students are encouraged to integrate their internship experiences into their academics, research interests and career goals.Apply Now
During the internship, you will:
- Learn how to be part of a team of students, faculty and staff
- Grow your network in campus, community and national contacts and experiences
- Build relationships and connections across campus
- Have fun while enhancing your own and your peers’ well-being
- Receive a great recommendation to take with you after the experience
An example of one of the interns available is our REACH© internship.
As a REACH Intern, you will:
- Complete training to become a REACH Trainer
- Promote UNL's Suicide Prevention Program across campus
- Manage requests for REACH trainings
- Support REACH student, faculty and staff trainer meetings
- Share your ideas for stigma reduction around getting help, and bring these ideas to life
- Co-author newsletter articles, award proposals and grants